Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Portraits from Photos

Sample of a commission. This was painted for a friend for her birthday. I call it "Jim fading into black". She gets to call him what ever she feels is right. She screamed when she walked in and saw it for the first time. A happy scream. I do guarantee satisfaction. Haven't ever had to make any adjustments, but I would always want a commission to be everything, if not more, than what my client had hoped for. Cat woman is a sample of characters. I sometimes do them for commissions, sometimes just for fun. The cat was a commission from a photo sent to me by email.
This young lady used her phone camera to snap a picture of herself while sitting in her car. I'm refering to the photo on the table. I turned it into the portrait, top, right. Look for the hat and pigtails...see them? It was a present for her grandmother. I called her "Pigtails" to remember her. The one just above the table sold. It is a large pencil, this one is a print of the original. Her name was "Freckles" for my records.






The dog portrait was also from a photo, printed off the email. I did it for Mike's Dog House, which is a Bull-Breed Dog Rescue Organization. After the show it will be theirs to use in any way to benefit their efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment