Sunday, May 17, 2009

Watercolor flowers & pictures of me


This is the house of my friend. We are doing a show together for the next First Friday Art Walk. The paintings behind me on easels...not mine. I haven't even started thinking about new things for this show called "Wings". And SHE'S feeling pressure, ha!
I agreed to another show in between these two. Couldn't resist! "Maiden China" is the topic for a show that will run through June 13. What a fresh topic.
Perhaps for "Wings" I will use my collection of Butterfly Ladies. I haven't sold any of them because they are meant for a children's book I currently dream of getting published. They've never had a proper unveiling. June is just around the corner. I think they would like to visit the world for a June show.
I love the Art Walks. It's like Prom Night for Artists, and so festive for everyone. If you have never seen St. Augustine, you should really check us out.
I am a two handed painter, so I decided to strike that pose. This is just like the table at Zhanra's (pronounced like the word genre) Restaurant where I paint, LIVE. Of course this is a set up for the photo. My brushes would be loaded with color. I use two hands to help me mix and blend my colors right on the paper.
Not finished with this rose yet. That's the hardest decision sometimes. When is it time to put the brush down? Very critical decision with a watercolor painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment